Massive yet elegant, these grand structures are regarded as the finest pieces of Islamic Cairo. On this tour you will get to learn more about Islam and it’s history in Egypt.
In the afternoon we will take you in a walk through the skinny lanes of Khan Al Khalili which are basically a medieval-style mall. This agglomeration of shops – many arranged around small courtyards – stock everything from soap powder to semiprecious stones, not to mention tacky toy camels and alabaster pyramids.
What is included in the tour
- Transfers from your hotel by an air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an expert Egyptologist guide.
- Water as per consumption.
- All required entrance fees.
- Lunch at a local restaurant .
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any sites not stated in the program.
- Camera tickets.
- Personal expenses.
- Ibn Tulon Mosque: Visit the oldest intact mosque in Egypt built in the 9th century, climb up it’s unique minaret and have a great view of old Islamic Cairo
- Sultan Hassan & Refaei Mosques: Take a fascinating tour of Islamic Cairo, including the beautiful and graceful mosques of Sultan Hassan & Refaei. Two of the best examples of the Islamic architecture, learn about the Iranian Revolution when you visit the Refaei Mosque where you visit the final rest of the Shah of Iran.
- Walking tour in Moezz Street: Stroll through the one thousand years old streets in Cairo and be dazzled by the hundreds of years old buildings.
- Khan El Khalili Bazar: Wrap up the day by walking through old Islamic Cairo. Walk in El Muizz street, which has the greatest concentration of medieval architectural treasures in the Islamic world. Explore the winding alleyways of the famous Khan El Khalili market, the major souk in Islamic Cairo.