A journey that takes you to explore the wonders of the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
We will take you to memphis, the first capital of Egypt, home of the second largest Sphinx found in Egypt.
Afterwards, we will explore Saqqara, where we learn more about the oldest stone structure in the history.
Top up your day by visiting the Giza plateau where the last remaining wonder of the ancient world; for nearly 4000 years, the extraordinary shape, impeccable geometry and sheer bulk of the Giza Pyramids have invited the obvious questions: ‘How were we built, and why?’. Centuries of research have given us parts of the answer. On this day, we will answer them all!
What is included in the tour
- Transfers from your hotel by an air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an expert Egyptologist guide.
- Water as per consumption.
- All required entrance fees.
- Camel ride.
- Solar boat extra ticket.
- Lunch with beverages.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any sites not stated in the program.
- Camera tickets.
- Personal expenses.
- Sakkara: Your Egyptologist will take you in the morning to Experience Egypt’s long and rich history in our exciting journey to the city of Memphis and the necropolis of Sakkara. At vast Sakkara, you will see the famous Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the first freestanding stone structure in the world. Our Egyptologist will guide you to some tombs belonging to the nobles of the past. They show the beauty and excellence of Ancient Egyptian art on their walls and give an insight in the daily life of Ancient Egypt.
- Memphis: At the site of Memphis, you will see the ancient capital that once stood as a flourishing metropolis during the time of the Pharaohs. The place is thickly surrounded by lush palm groves and bushes, isolating the site of the old city from modern civilization.
- Pyramids: Later in the afternoon, Your Egyptologist will escort you on an unforgettable tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza. The only present-day survivors of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, they are among the world’s greatest tourist attractions and never lose their ability to inspire and overwhelm visitors. You will be able to enter inside one of these fabulous monuments and explore the mysteries of its ancient past for yourself.
- Solar Boat Museum: Your tour today will include the little visited but incredible Solar Boat Museum beside the Great Pyramid of Cheops, considered to be the single most important archaeological find in Egypt since the Tomb of Tutenkhamun. Discovered in a pit by the Great Pyramid in 1954, the entire boat was carefully reconstructed and placed in the museum you will see today.
- Camel Ride (At your discretion): No trip to Egypt would be complete without a ride on a “ship of the desert”, and so you will have an opportunity to mount your individual camel for a short ride across the sands of Giza to the Sphinx.
- The Sphinx: Enter the temple of the mysterious Sphinx, an ancient figure shrouded in legend and mystery. Your Egyptologist will enthrall you with the tales told of this fascinating figure.