A tour that provides you with a heavy portion of history, archeology, adventure and fun.
This journey will take you to see one of the world’s most important collections of ancient artefacts, the Egyptian Museum takes pride of place in Downtown Cairo, on the north side of Midan Tahrir. Inside the great domed, oddly pinkish building, the glittering treasures of Tutankhamun and other great pharaohs lie alongside the grave goods, mummies, jewellery, eating bowls and toys of Egyptians whose names are lost to history.
In the afternoon, you will explore the last remaining wonder of the ancient world; for nearly 4000 years, the extraordinary shape, impeccable geometry and sheer bulk of the Giza Pyramids have invited the obvious questions: ‘How were we built, and why?’. Centuries of research have given us parts of the answer, with High End Journeys, you will get to know them all!
What is included in the tour
- Transfers from your hotel by an air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an expert Egyptologist guide.
- Water as per consumption.
- All required entrance fees.
- Camel ride.
- Lunch at local restaurant .
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any sites not stated in the program.
- Camera tickets.
- Personal expenses.
- Pyramids: Your Egyptologist will meet you at the hotel to escort you on an unforgettable journey to the Great Pyramids of Giza. The only present-day survivors of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, they are among the world’s greatest tourist attractions and never lose their ability to inspire and overwhelm visitors.
- Camel Ride (At your discretion): No trip to Egypt would be complete without a ride on a “ship of the desert”, and so you will have an opportunity to mount your individual camel for a short ride across the sands of Giza to the Sphinx.
- Sphinx: Enter the temple of the mysterious Sphinx, an ancient figure shrouded in legend and mystery. Your Egyptologist will enthrall you with the tales told of this fascinating figure.
- Egyptian Museum: Later in the afternoon, your Egyptologist will escort you on a fascinating tour of 7,000 years of Egyptian history with a visit to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. The Museum houses the world’s greatest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts, including 12 rooms filled with golden treasures from the world-famous tomb of the boy-king Tutenkhamun.