Fayoum is a city in Middle Egypt. Located 100 kilometres southwest of Cairo. This Unesco World Heritage Site is home to the earliest prehistoric whale fossils ever discovered. The more than 400 basilosaurus and dorodontus (both rather fierce water predators) skeletons found here are around four.
What is included in the tour
- Transfer by an air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an expert tour guide.
- All required entrance fees as stated in program.
- Water as per consumption.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other sites not stated in the program.
- Gratuities .
- Fayoum: Set out on a day-trip to Egypt’s largest oasis, with your private Egyptologist introducing you to the other side of Egyptian life, little seen by most tourists. Fayoum is known as the “Garden of Egypt”, with lush vegetable plantations and groves of citrus fruits, nuts and olives.
- Mud-brick villages have changed little over the centuries, and farms are often still irrigated by ancient shadoufs. Lake Qaroun, next to the oasis, is a haven for birds and wildlife in the region.
- Lunch: At local restaurant in Fayoum.
- Wadi Rayan: In the afternoon, a short drive will take you to the incredible desert valley of Wadi Rayan, where the arid landscape is broken by beautiful waterfalls and tree-lined pools.
- OPTIONAL – Bedouin tea: Step out of your vehicle to walk towards a traditional campfire in the desert, where your guide will prepare a Bedouin-style tea with herbs.
- Return to Cairo: In your air-conditioned vehicle.